Fans of the Concord pate roll may be especially interested in the following. This does not relate to anything on the list, but we wanted to share a fantastic lunch secret we have discovered. It is in fact just on the menu of the relevant establishment, so is not actually any kind of secret at all, except that we did not know about it until recently, but if others don't yet, they should.

This is the Pate Platter at Smith the Grocer in Old Bank Arcade (where Tempt, the cup cake shop is). It comes with a stack of toast (more than is in the picture, which was taken after I had started), a huge ramekin of incredibly creamy chicken liver pate, some leaves and three condiments - a beetroot one, a tomato one, and caramelised onions. At $12 it is quite a bit pricier than the Concord roll based equivalent, but with higher quality pate and a range of delicious condiments, this seems justified. With the Grocer's more ambient setting, it is also more appealing for a sit down lunch, compared to the roll's comparative advantage in grab-and-eat-at-desk meals.
If you are reading this, Smith, the toast could be a bit less crispy, but other than that, spot on.
Fashion Challenge
Yesterday I wore a magenta Robyn Mathieson top which I borrowed from my mum. Today I wore an extremely colourful dress I got from Principles c. 2005, over a white shirt. Monday and Tuesday I was quite enjoying the challenge, though I have been feeling quite negative about it today, mostly because I hate this dress. Hopefully further rummaging through clothes I haven't worn for ages will bring me something nicer for the last two working days of the challenge.
Yesterday Jenna wore two braids down one side of her head looped in a bun at the nape of the neck. Today she wore a very elegant loose twist type thing low and off to one side. I think she has been looking much more sophisticated with her hair back all week.
I note that she has declined my suggestion to try out the jelly-fish style (6 pony tails in a circle around the head, resembling tentacles) which my baby sister demanded I do for her the other day.
GymYesterday we went to BAT class at the gym. We did not go today, but will again tomorrow.
No comments:
Post a Comment